Last weekend Team RLEI hosted its May Facebook Party. Here’s a recap of the information shared…
Welcome! Today I’m going to quickly share 10 of our best natural tips for staying healthy as a woman in today’s demanding world. Women today are professionals, daughters, sisters, wives, moms, caretakers, homemakers, and all around superheroes to their family and friends. Let’s make sure you don’t forget to take care of yourself and thanks in advance for following along!
And it goes without saying, treat yourself to a cuppa of your favorite flavor of herbal tea as we go…
TIP #1. Stress is the silent killer. Recent studies indicate women are twice as vulnerable as men to stress-related disorders as a result of how their brain receptors respond to the same stressors. Our minds are much stronger than our physical bodies, and our minds deserve to be trained toward healthy resilience just as our bodies do.
There are many free or low cost meditation apps offered that will help you “train” your mind from 3 minutes up to 20+ minute sessions. Or DVDs/CDs with guided meditation practices or music to help calm and focus the mind and/or breath. Take the time to relax every single day and release stress.
Shaklee’s “Stress Relief Complex” contains a blend of clinically tested ingredients and has been designed to support a calm, more relaxed state without causing drowsiness.
Stress can elevate your body’s levels of cortisol, and continuously high levels have been linked to long-term health impacts. Stress Relief Complex was designed to help support your body’s response to stress.
TIP #2. A woman’s well-being is impacted by an intricate balance of hormone systems such as adrenal, thyroid and sex hormones. You can support this complex system staying in balance, naturally.
Key ingredients in Shaklee’s “GLA Complex” help regulate many normal bodily functions and protect arterial walls. GLA (gamma-linolenic acid), omega-6 fatty acid, sunflower seed oil, and vitamin E are combined in this unique formulation to help promote a sense of well-being throughout a woman’s monthly cycle.
(Note: Non-VEG product.)
TIP #3. Many chemicals and toxins are called xenoestrogens, which are environmental estrogens that mimic the estrogen our bodies produce. They disrupt hormonal balance by attaching to our hormone receptors and slowing our own production of hormones. The average woman will leave her home in the morning with over 150 chemicals on her face! Research now suggests that 90% of chronic disease is driven by the environment rather than our genetics.
Limit your toxic exposure with 3 main, critical ways:
1. Go chemical-free with your cleaners. Remember, Shaklee’s “Get Clean” line of cleaning products for the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room have no harmful fumes or hazardous chemicals.
2. Get dangerous ingredients out of your cosmetic, personal care, and skin care products. Once again, put on a fresh face with a healthier skin regimen, like Shaklee’s cruelty-free line, “Enfuselle”.
3. Additionally, use glass, stainless steel or ceramic cookware in place of plastic, Teflon, or aluminum for food preparation, storage, and drinking. And avoid microwaving as much as possible.
Check out this article why…http://www.bewellbuzz.com/technology/health-tech/microwave-ovens-truth/
TIP #4. As women progress through the decades of life, hormones ebb and flow and can knock each other off track. This oftentimes makes attaining optimal health and weight loss more challenging as women age. Transitioning during Menopause can also cause unwanted side effects like hot flashes, sleep disturbances, and mood swings.
Shaklee’s “Menopause Balance Complex” key ingredient, black cohosh, has been widely studied, for its effects on reducing the frequency and severity of hot flashes and promoting restful sleep, and reducing mild mood swings. Menopause Balance Complex also provides both soy isoflavones and flaxseed lignans – phytoestrogens that are currently being studied for heart, bone, and breast health.
(Note: Non-VEG product.)
TIP #5. The role of soy, flax, and cruciferous vegetables.
1. Cancer and soy is one of the most hot-button health issues today. Some studies, including one that tracked almost 100,000 California women for eight years, have found thatsoy consumption decreases riskfor ovarian or breast cancers. A second study that tracked 64,000 Japanese women for 15 years linked soybean curd, specifically tofu, consumption to a decreased mortality rate from ovarian cancer.
Non-GMO soy in moderation, particularly tempeh, miso, and other soy sources with relatively low levels of isoflavones, can be beneficial.
2. Estrogen is metabolized in our bodies into different metabolites – with the relationships among them acting as a biomarker for breast cancer risk. Flaxseed, an excellent source of lignans and fiber, has been shown to reduce a woman’s risk for breast cancer with as little as 10 grams a day (1 Tbsp.) over 7 weeks.
3. Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, kale, and bok choy contain a group of sulfur-containing chemicals called glucosinolates. This is what makes them taste more pungent and bitter. These compounds break down into biologically active substances called indoles and isothiocyanates, which have been shown to metabolize and eliminate estrogens via the digestive tract. Plus, they may reduce the risk of specific cancers such as breast cancer. Incorporate them into your diet as often as possible.
TIP #6. Being at a healthy weight is linked to the prevention and development of many diseases and disorders. Sometimes this is easier said than done, and there are many complicated reasons that can lead to weight gain. It’s never too late to get your weight back in control though! Eating well, exercising regularly, minimizing stress, sleeping soundly, drinking more water, and the right supplementation are all part of a healthy weight plan.
Shaklee 180® is a revolutionary program with meal replacements, support and tools to help you not only lose weight but learn how to keep it off. It is powered by Leucine® to help you retain muscle and lose fat. The customizable two-meal Turnaround Kit delivers a complete program of shakes, bars, snacks, energizing tea and metabolic boost – along with access to tips, tools and information. NOW includes Shaklee Life Energizing Shake with ultra-pure non-GMO soy or non-soy protein, added leucine to preserve lean muscle, and pre- and probiotics to support digestive and immune health.
(Note: Some Non-VEG products.)
TIP #7. Getting the right amount of sleep is so important, at every age, at every stage of life. Thanks to a report from the National Sleep Foundation, you can aim for a targeted sleep number tailored to your age.
- Older adults, 65+ years: 7-8 hours
- Adults, 26-64 years: 7-9 hours
- Young adults, 18-25 years: 7-9 hours
- Teenagers, 14-17 years: 8-10 hours
- School-age children, 6-13 years: 9-11 hours
- Preschool children, 3-5 years: 10-13 hours
- Toddlers, 1-2 years: 11-14 hours
- Infants, 4-11 months: 12-15 hours
- Newborns, 0-3 months: 14-17 hours
Among many other things, research links a lack of sleep to an increase of the stress hormone cortisol in the body, which will sabotage your efforts to stay in hormonal balance and in weight maintenance.
If you need a gentle push to get more sleep, Shaklee’s “Gentle Sleep Complex” combines a unique Shaklee combination of passion flower, German chamomile, and valerian. Valerian has been used safely and traditionally to promote restful sleep. Key ingredients help promote relaxation and maintain a calm state.
TIP #8. Osteoporosis is a disease, more common in women, that causes bones to become fragile and more susceptible to breaking. Fractures and the consequent pain and disability can seriously affect women’s health and their quality of life. The National Institutes of Health’s 2000 Consensus Statement on Osteoporosis reviewed the research on osteoporosis prevention and treatment and found strong scientific evidence that calcium and Vitamin D intake are crucial to develop and preserve strong bones. Regular exercise (especially resistance and high-impact activities) contributes to the development of bone mass. Other promising interventions focus on preventing fractures: balance training reduces the risk of falling, which is often responsible for broken bones in older people.
Shaklee’s “OsteoMatrix” is a specially formulated blend of critical nutrients including calcium, Vitamins D & K, and magnesium to help build bone density when you’re young and minimize bone loss as you age. Nutrients in OsteoMatrix help build strong bones and teeth and help minimize bone loss.
(Note: Non-VEG product.)
TIP #9. Women also need an adequate iron intake because they lose iron through menstruation. Without enough iron, iron deficiency anemia can develop and cause symptoms that include fatigue and headaches. After menopause, body iron generally increases. Therefore, iron deficiency in women older than 50 years of age may indicate blood loss from another source and should be checked by a physician. Iron from plant sources are found in peas and beans, spinach and other green leafy vegetables, potatoes, and whole-grain and iron-fortified cereal products. The addition of even relatively small amounts of foods containing vitamin C substantially increases the total amount of iron absorbed from the entire meal.
As you breathe, you take in oxygen from the air that is required by every cell in your body. How does this oxygen know to go where it’s needed? Thank iron for that! The iron in hemoglobin delivers oxygen from the lungs to other body tissues. Without it, anemia – caused by iron-deficiency, which affects 240,000 toddlers and 3.3 million women in the United States – can lead to impaired concentration and compromised immune function. Shaklee’s “Iron Plus C Complex” is a high potency iron with vitamin C formula.
TIP #10. Make sure your multivitamin/mineral supplement is made just right for you.
Shaklee’s “Vita-Lea” is a high-potency formulation specially designed to support the unique needs of men, women, and adults over 50. Each serving delivers 100% or more of the Daily Value of all vitamins, including twice the Daily Value of vitamins C, D, and E—plus beta-carotene for safely increasing antioxidant protection. Choose the “Iron Formula” for women under 50 and “Gold” for women 50+.
(Note: Non-VEG product.)
Thanks for joining today! I hope there was something informative here that made it worthwhile. You can find any of the Shaklee products mentioned in further detail here:
You can also purchase them directly online or call or email our office at 949-645-7373 and firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to help!
Have a great Shaklee day!