I’ve got a recipe for Pumpkin-Apple Spice Pie to make you want to go apple picking before the season is over.
Take this delicious recipe from alittleinsanity…
“GLUTEN FREE APPLE PIE RECIPE – SUGAR FREE!
- 1 Gluten Free Pie Crust – You will need a bottom & top crust for this recipe.
- 4-6 Granny Smith Apples – Peeled, Cored & Chopped (makes approx 6-8 Cups)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ – 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
APPLE GLAZE MIXTURE:
- ⅔ Cup Water
- ⅓ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch or Tapioca Starch
- Prepare your Gluten Free Pie Crust & Set-Aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel, Core & Chop your Apples.
- In large bowl, coat Apples with Lemon Juice & Spices. Set-Aside.
- In a small sauce pan, continually whisk Glaze ingredients over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken. Wait for bubbles to break the surface then turn off heat and whisk well
- for 1 minute.
- Pour Apple Glaze over Apple Mixture in bowl & mix gently until all apples are well coated.
- Pour Apples into prepared pie crust & top – Crimp edges & decorate as desired.
- Place pie onto a foil lined cookie sheet to catch spills or boil-over during cooking.
- Place pie in oven and bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for approximately 35-45 minutes until crust is golden brown and apple mixture is hot & bubbly.
- Remove pie from oven and let cool on rack until ready to serve. Serve warm or cold. Store leftovers in fridge.”
BUT! Here’s how you can mix it up further: add 1 cup organic pumpkin puree to the apple mixture. Get your gourd on.